Scholars and partners from throughout the UC Links international network will be coming to the San Francisco Bay Area, April 17-21 2020, to participate in the annual meetings of the American Educational Research Association.
Charles and Mara (UC Links statewide office) are excited to be part of the symposium, Learning from Learners: Power, Resistance, and Learners' Voices in an Era of Uncertainty, highlighting one aspect of the work of the Re-Generating CHAT community.
Mike Cole and Richard Durán are also collaborating with other members of the Re-Generating CHAT community for the symposium, From Global Warming to Increased Violence and Inequities: Cultural-Historical Thinking for the Anthropocene´s Crises.
A structured poster session also focused on the Anthropocene includes UC Links participants from UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, and UC Santa Barbara: On the Ground Responses to the Anthropocene Context: Civic and STEM Engagement as Global Citizenship.
Below are additional examples of AERA posters and presentations by our partners from throughout the UC Links network. We’re looking forward to seeing so many of you from around the world in San Francisco this April!
- Multiliteracies in Educational Global Collaborations: Educators and Students Connecting and Collaborating Cross-Culturally
- Transformative Practices in Higher Education: Promoting Data Literacy, Collaboration, and Criticality Online
- 21st Century Learning Through an Intergenerational Community of Practice: Two Decades of YRP Revisited
- Gentrification, Displacement, and Student Resistance in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Fostering Pre-Service Teacher Noticing of Classroom Discussion Features through Analysis of Contrasting Cases
UC Los Angeles
- Learning in Tech Ecologies: Coming Clean about the Ecological Consequences of “Educational Innovation”
- Reclaiming the Possibilities of Connectivity: Relationality in Education Research and Action
- Decolonial Map Making: Critical Methodologies Contextualizing Disruption, Refusal, and Relationality
- With Language at the Heart: Researcher, School, Community, and Tribal College Collaborations in Indigenous Education
UC San Diego
UC Santa Barbara
- Reimagining Research of Language and Social Processes: Community-Driven Methods and Mentoring for a New Decade
- Latinxs in Community Colleges: Diverted Dreams or Dulces Sueños
(this list is not exhaustive)